- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups pecans (the recipe called for halves, but I used pieces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (or a combo of raisins and dried raisins)
Bake at 325 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Stir in cherries. Store in an air tight container.
My husband and I loved this recipe. I normally am not a fan of pecans, but when combined with the spices and cherries, the combination is delicious. My two boys were unsure of these nuts until they tried them, and then ate multiple servings. A great, easy nut recipe.
Adapted from a special insert of Better Homes and Gardens magazine.