|Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms with Ramps|
My two boys love Brussels sprouts. At the grocery store this morning my oldest spotted Brussels sprouts on sale and got very excited. He then commenced to beg me to buy some for dinner. Of course I said yes, who doesn't love a child that begs for vegetables. Growing up my mother only knew how to make Brussels sprouts one way, boiled. While my mother was lucky in that I loved
Brussels sprouts regardless, all my friends hated the vegetable. After getting married I tried a recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts and my husband and I fell in love with the cooking method. Now I make roasted Brussels sprouts a lot in the spring and my whole family loves them. Tonight I made roasted Brussels sprouts and mushrooms, here is the recipe.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends cut off and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 oz button mushrooms (or the mushroom of your choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- If desired you can squeeze fresh lemon juice over the roasted veggies before serving
That's it. Roasting vegetables is a great way to get kids to eat vegetables and my whole family loves it. It also works well with asparagus or green beans.