I can't believe how fast the holidays are approaching, it seems that the month of October flew by! I'm still trying to figure out what we're doing for Thanksgiving (I know procrastination!), but I have already started baking with apples, pumpkins, and other foods of the season. There is something very comforting about the scents of the holidays, I love them! I try to keep my house smelling as yummy as I can and the Frebreze Holiday Collection has a number of holiday scents to help including Frosted Pine, Apple Tart, Toasted Almond, Vanilla Latte and Sugared Cranberry. Recently I was sent a package including a few of the scents and a great box full of recipe and craft ideas. I modified one of the recipe for mini apple tarts and made full size tarts, that turned out delicious! The following is my recipe for Easy Muffin Pan Apple Tarts.
That's it, a great way to celebrate the season! Do you have a favorite holiday scent or baking recipe?
Easy Muffin Pan Apple Tarts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar, water, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the diced apples and stir the mixture until it starts to boil and thicken.
- Turn the heat to low and cook covered for 12 minutes or until the apples soften.
- Place two wonton wrappers in each greased muffin cup (you should get about 9-10 total).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Heap the apple mixture into the middle of each muffin cup and bake for 10 minutes.
If you are interested in trying any of the Frebreze Holiday Collection scents for yourself they are available for a limited time at Walmart stores.