Disclaimer: The 5-hour ENERGY® samples, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by the makers of 5-hour ENERGY®. As always all opinions expressed are solely my own.
I love drink recipes. There is something great about sitting down with a delicious beverage during/after a stressful day. During the summer I live on water, iced tea, and lemonade. When the heat and humidity get high I just feel like staying inside and drinking something cool and refreshing. Given my love of summer drinks I am going to share my recipe for mint lemonade made with decaf 5-hour ENERGY® shots as part of their “Yummification” contest.
So what is the 5-hour ENERGY® shots “Yummification” contest? First off how to enter: "To enter the contest, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form; “Like” 5-hour ENERGY® on Facebook, then create and submit a video that is no longer than 60 seconds showing an original combination being made, tasted, and named (creativity counts!)." Drink creations must follow the approved/non-approved ingredients guidelines (i.e. no caffeinated beverages or alcohol). The idea is to use the energy shots in an everyday beverage and to be as creative as possible! One grand prize winner will win $50,000. Entries must be received by August 19, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
If you've never tried 5-hour ENERGY shots here is more information:
· 5-hour ENERGY® shots are dietary supplements that provide hours of energy and alertness
· Contain a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids, and essential nutrients
· Helps people feel alert and energized for hours
· Zero sugar, zero carbs, zero herbal stimulants and 4 calories!
· Caffeine in a 5-hour ENERGY® shot is comparable to a cup of the leading premium coffee
· May consume up to 2 bottles of 5-hour ENERGY®, spaced several hours apart. For moderate energy, drink ½ bottle of 5-hour ENERGY®
Now that you know a little about the contest here is my recipe using the decaf 5-hour ENERGY® shot:
- 1/2 cup mint
- 2 cups sweetener (sugar, honey, stevia etc.)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Decaf 5-hour Energy shot
- Make a simple syrup using the 2 cups of sweetener and 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until dissolved. Let cool. In a large pitcher place lemon juice, 4 cups of water, and 1 cup of the simple syrup. Add more water or sugar to taste. Stir in mint and let cool for at least one hour in the fridge. Pour into a cup over ice and add Decaf 5-hour Energy shot.
· 5-hour ENERGY® “Yummification” video contest site: www.5houryummification.com
· 5-hour ENERGY® “Yummification” video contest Facebook tab: https://www.facebook.com/5HourEnergyShot/app_119145321465581
· 5-hour ENERGY® Twitter: https://twitter.com/5HourEnergy
Now for the fun part! You can enter to win a gift pack which includes a variety of 5-hour ENERGY® shots and a $25 dollar Visa gift card. Enter through the rafflecopter form below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway