Growing up I had less than perfect skin. I was unfortunate to have a horrible case of the chicken pox when I was in 1st grade. While most people got a little sick, I was covered with itchy scratchy spots. I also got a secondary blood infection. The lasting results were permanent scars all over my forehead. I started wearing make-up in middle school to make them less noticeable. Then I was fortunate (not so much) to have a horrible case of acne in high school. My mother quickly took me to the doctor, but I still ended up with even more scars.
All these skin imperfections in my younger up years led me to take very serious care of my skin starting in my late teens. I have a system that I follow morning and night, which I take very seriously. While this might seem extreme to some, it helps keep my scars less noticeable and combat the signs of aging that all women in their middle 30's start to experience. Recently, I was given the opportunity to try Lancome's DreamTone product to add to my skin routine and give my review.
Here is the background on the product:
"DreamTone is the next generation in dark spot correction. This customized skin tone correcting serum is so powerful, 72% of women dare to bare their skin.* The new DreamTone is 3 barely-tinted serums formulated to visibly correct dark spots, color imperfections and give you a more even-looking skin tone. It comes in 3 serums customized for your skin tone: 1- Fair, 2 – Medium, 3 – Dark.
• 74% saw glowing skin*
• 70% noticed a more even skin tone*
• 69% saw the appearance of dark spots reduced*
• 78% saw color imperfections reduced*
*All results based on global self-assessments of women of multiple ethnicities in an 8-week study. 72% reflects 8 weeks of use."
Dream Tone is applied morning and night under normal moisturizer. It retails for $98 for a 1.3 fl oz. bottle and is available for purchase at Lancôme.com and department stores nationwide.
So what did I think of the product?
- Smells great. Has a nice light feminine scent that isn't overpowering.
- Goes on smoothly, feels light on skin.
- Container opens easily and dispenses the right amount without effort.
- After 4 weeks my skin seemed slightly smoother than before I started using the product.
- Price is high. At 98 dollars it wouldn't necessarily be something that I would buy myself.
- Since it goes on under moisturizer it seems a little redundant to me. Most moisturizer should be able to give the same results, especially those with retinol.
- I did not notice a noticeable change in the appearance of my skin.
Overall, I was hoping for better results with a product priced so high. I normally pay 20-30 dollars for the moisturizer that I normally buy and I have had positive results. To add a 98 dollar product to my skin care regiment, the product would have to do something that my other products don't. I didn't feel that this product provided me with any noticeable added benefit.
I hate taking photos of myself without make-up, partly because of my scars. However, as part of this campaign I am sharing an after picture of my bare skin (no make-up) after 4 weeks of use. I never photograph myself without make-up, so bare with me!
Here are links to learn more about the product:
Lancôme on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LancômeUS
DreamTone website: http://www.Lancôme-usa.com/dreamtone
Click here for more info on Project #bareselfie.