As always all opinions expressed are my own.
As most of you know I love to take pictures. Of food, my kids, my city, you name it. What I am horrible about doing is taking the photos and doing something other than posting them on my blog or storing them on my computer. While some people are great about printing photos, making photo books etc, I'm not. So I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to review a custom photo ring from Creation Source.
I had so many great memories to chose from involving my kids. For the ring I was able to chose 8 photos, giving me a variety of images of both of my kids. One of my favorite memories is from my kids dressed up for Halloween a couple of years back. My youngest was so excited, it was the first year that he understood what was going on and how to say trick or treat etc. It is a great memory!
It is nice having 8 memories of my two boys to carry with me on my hand.
So what did I think of the ring? Here is my breakdown of pros and cons:
- Being able to have 8 pictures to wear as jewelry
- Ring can either be black and white or color
- Easy to show pictures of kids etc to others
- My ring wasn't an exact 5 1/2. I have tiny hands and it is loose on my pinkie finger, which is where I would normally wear it. It's so loose that it fits loosely on my ring finger.
- The pictures are a little on the grainy side. Now I take a lot of photos and I am a very picky photo editor. I don't know if the graininess would be something other people would notice or if I am picky.
- The ring had an odd smell to it when it arrived. It still smells slightly like glue, this might be a concern for someone with sensitive skin or allergies (both of my boys have contact dermatitis so I always think of skin issues).
Overall, I love the idea of having a custom ring with pictures of my kids to wear. These rings would make nice gifts for a relative living far away and are a unique way to share pictures of your children with grandmothers, aunts etc.
The company also makes custom Apple computer logos. These look like they would be right up my ally and would make a great gift for Apple users!
For more information go to the following links: