I have been lucky that most of my adult life I have managed to stay in shape. However, there was a period in college when I survived on restaurant food and rarely ate at home. Even though I was running everyday I put on weight. After having my kids I got my fitness and eating habits back in shape. For the most part I eat healthy and I try to workout everyday. Regardless, there are always things that each of us can do to be in even better shape. I tend to focus on my treadmill and forget about using weights and increasing my lean muscle, so I was excited when I was recently given the opportunity to review My FitU.
So your probably asking what is My FitU? My FitU was created by Daniel Meng. Meng has helped to sculpt the bodies of celebrities such as: Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus, Jake Owen, ESPN College Gameday analyst Kirk Herbstreit and many more. The program "which is also used by Daniel’s celebrity clients when they’re on the road, is a unique application that acts as a personal trainer, healthful eating mentor and weight loss coach all in one."
The best part of the application is that it is designed for each user. By answering a set of questions and filling out your profile each member is given a weekly fitness calendar which changes with each member and updates as the member progresses. Membership with the application includes the following:
· Access to hundreds of high-quality HD exercise videos with audio instruction
· Personalized fitness calendar and schedule
· Exercises tailored into 30- to 40-minute workouts, designed for maximum benefit
· Workout plans by day and goal
· Workout tips to ensure safety and efficiency
· iPhone application
· Personalized meal plans and grocery lists from Eating Well™
· Access to hundreds of healthy recipes
· Progress tracking
· Daily health tips
· Social sharing of progress
· Customizable profile page design with motivational quotes· Fitness equipment recommendations · Safety videos
· “Swap Exercise” feature allowing members to further customize their program
· Daniel’s blog
The main benefit is that "My FitU is designed for the everyday woman or man (affordable, simple and convenient), and is just like having Daniel as your own personal trainer right by your side 24/7. (In fact, Daniel even answers members’ questions directly!)".
So your probably thinking what does the application look like? It is broken down into sections:
- Very easy to use. The side menus on the application are easy to find and the information is readily available.
- The workouts are varied and the instruction are easy to follow.
- The safety section is nice-it has a number of videos explaining how to avoid injury etc.
- Can be used on iPhones making it easy to use on the go, at the gym etc.
- Meal plans are provided by EatingWell. I subscribe to their magazine and I do use their recipes occasionally. However, I find many of their recipes to be rather bland tasting. As a food blogger I enjoy my food to be a little more exciting, while also being healthy. This would be a me specific problem though, and most people would have no problem with the meal plan.
- The subscription price might be a little high for those people that aren't going to fully commit to the program. However, if you are someone that does well with fitness apps this would not be a problem. Plus there is a free two week trial.
- The education section only currently has limited articles. There have only been two new articles in the last two months. I hope that this will be updated more in the future.
Now for the fun part, a giveaway! Right now you can win a free one-year subscription to My FitU ($182 value). Just fill out the rafflecopter form below, good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway