Growing up, my father was a great bowler. He had his own bowling ball and ball case and the two of us would go bowling frequently. My bowling skills were far less than my dad's, however. I tend to twist my wrist when I bowl, causing the ball to (mostly) roll towards the gutter. My dad tried for years to fix it, even going so far as to buy me a bowling brace, to do avail :). Regardless of how many gutter balls I ended up with, what I enjoyed the most about the time at the bowling alley during the summer was spending time with my father (well, and the air conditioning). It was a great bonding experience! Anyone else have any great bowling memories?
This summer, AMF is running their AMF Summer Unplugged program. This is a great deal for anyone with kids who wants a fun reason to get out of the house during the summer.
For kids 16 and under the program entails:
- At select AMF centers, two free games of bowling per day for kids 16 and under. (Shoe rental not included, but they’re worth paying for.)
- Time: open until 8:00PM, 7 days a week.
- Dates: Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) through Monday, September 5 (Labor Day).
- Free game coupons emailed every Sunday starting May 29 for the following week – it’s that simple!
- Share the fun and save!
- For families of registered kids, a one-time payment of $27.95 buys 2 games per day for 4 people all summer long – it’s the AMF Summer 17 Plus Pass. (Same dates and times as above.)
- Less than $7 per person for 2 games everyday all summer. Try getting that sort of value at the theater or the theme park!
Some other useful links:
Disclaimer: I participated in this campaign as a member of One2One Network and am eligible for a prize drawing. All opinions stated in this post are my own.